Since May 2020, Teachers on Wheels held regular career webinar sessions to equip young people with the knowledge they need to make informed career choices. Live and interactive, these webinars have given attendees the opportunity to connect with experienced professionals from a range of industries, who generously shared their stories and provided their expertise on a variety of topics.
The webinars are designed with two key goals in mind:
- To encourage young people to develop future-proof skills and pursue career paths that will remain relevant even as automation transforms the workforce.
- To provide attendees with the information they need to successfully find a job in a competitive labour market.
In particular, the webinars have focused on the following areas:
- How to navigate each stage of the job application process
- How to build a professional network and get more career opportunities
- Careers in growth industries where jobs are in high demand
- Skills that employers are increasingly looking for in job candidates